Damihungry Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 Just got 2 American bass 1522 need a box for my Tahoe needs to be 48" wide to fit in between the fenders thanks for the help
kmb504 Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 What series are they, xfl, TNT, HD, xo, xd
kmb504 Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 What's your max depth Will this fit. 48wx22dx21h? Your inner dimensions of your port should be 26lx6wx19.5h. This should give you about 8.4ft3 tuned to 33hertz. Make sure have at least 6 inches of clearance from your rear hatch.
kmb504 Posted August 25, 2015 Report Posted August 25, 2015 Also I would add some bracing. 1 1/4 wooden dowls work pretty well, and double baffle the side holding the subs
Damihungry Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 That sounds perfect double baffle means double the wood up correct and thanks
Damihungry Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 Where would the port be in The middle?
kmb504 Posted August 26, 2015 Report Posted August 26, 2015 Yea that's what double baffle means. And no I think the port would be too long, I would put it to the passenger side. Besides if you were to put it in the middle you would have to make both chambers exactly the same size or the tuning will be off.
kmb504 Posted August 26, 2015 Report Posted August 26, 2015 And it's up to you if you want to do subs up or subs to the back. I like how subs to the back sound/feel.
Damihungry Posted August 26, 2015 Author Report Posted August 26, 2015 I like them to the back better too
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.