Second Skin Audio

can ab xfl 15 box have 5 cu/ft box?

nit3

Not an audio genius but I obviously try my best. I want to make a 5 cubic feet box. because from what i understand

with ab xfl 15 vas specs 72.6L, fs specs 31.5hz, and 5 cubes using this calculator

http://www.ajdesigner.com/phpsubwoofervented/minus_three_decibel_equation.php#ajscroll

the f3 is 23.48hz i want to play decaf so this cutoff is good cuz they probably get down to 23-24 at the lowest i think.

and i want my lows to be as loud as i can cuz i want this system focused on loud lows from 24hz-40hz

also from what i understand, my box tuning for this 5 cube box is 31.52hz (using torres)

from what i understand u minus half an octave to find out what to set ur subsonic at, and with that tuning im pretty sure that lets me play down to 23.64, which is right where my f3 is.

so im 100% confident of the lows but is 5 cubes too much for this sub? can I do this?

i picked 5 cubes because obviously the f3 drops hz with the more cubes u have and i just want my lows not cutoff and quiet. right? or am i not getting something?

thanks

well im just winging this now.. im overthinking this myself because I want to be satisfied and not want to re build a box.

I just want to cut boards so im just gonna play safe i think, go 4 cubic feet, tuned to 32 hz, the f3 cutoff 3db point will be 25.9 hz.

Its only 2 hz higher than having a whole extra cubic foot besides Im sure this box would have more spl than the other with 5 cubes. and i think 26 hz is low enough although i never heard clean lows so its why i wanted to aim for a low frequency build.
ill post back later in a couple days to let ya know how it sounds with just 1 of these 15's in 4 cubes tuned at 32 hz with ~15+ sq in port space x4

just putting one in a trunk, no fold down seat. gonna power it with 1400 rms @ 2 ohms until i hook another up probably in a bigger vehicle @ 1 ohm - 2000wrms for both of them combined.

Archived