My Fist Test

First test was at a sound off yesterday hit 145.9db on the audio control needs alot more work tho was louder with the 2 12" L5s going aswel as the solo x 18 vid of first run was much loder on 2nd and 3rd

http://s289.photobucket.com/albums/ll223/t...=Picture226.flv

How much power is the sub seeing?

2 sx1250.1s but its only a 10 cubic foot box and the port is 3" by 10" by 28 so thinking of redoing the box and no work inside the box ie 45s or anything

52hz lad burp not happy at all know anyone who could design a good box for me streetbass and spl

The specs you said for the port... which is width, depth, height?

Do you want the box to play both or do you want seperate boxes for SPL and daily?

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

The specs you said for the port... which is width, depth, height?

Do you want the box to play both or do you want seperate boxes for SPL and daily?

same box for both 3" high 28"wide and 10" deep lad

same box for both 3" high 28"wide and 10" deep lad

Eww, 84 inches of port area...

Make one with swappable ports, or make the same box with port 6" high 28" wide 15" deep and live with the loss of the very bottom end.

Hrm I would say make 10 cubes, 160" port area, 15" deep, and for SPL stack bricks in the box and see if you gain anything :)

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Eww, 84 inches of port area...

Make one with swappable ports, or make the same box with port 6" high 28" wide 15" deep and live with the loss of the very bottom end.

Hrm I would say make 10 cubes, 160" port area, 15" deep, and for SPL stack bricks in the box and see if you gain anything :)

nice one lad i have the win isd programme is that good for getting box measurements and what bout 45 the corners and radius at the end of the port?

and what is it tuned to at that? thanks for all the help also

Edited by Hickey21

nice one lad i have the win isd programme is that good for getting box measurements and what bout 45 the corners and radius at the end of the port?

and what is it tuned to at that? thanks for all the help also

Yes 45 the corners... in a 10-cubish box I would do maybe 4" 45's? Also DEFINITELY radius the port.

All those little things that increase airflow will give you more dB.

Box tuning with 10 cubic feet + 160 square inches of port @ 15-16inch long = About 40hz tuning. So it should still get reasonably low, just it'll hit bigger numbers :)

How thick are the walls of your box?

WinISD is good :)

For SPL, try stacking a bunch of bricks at the back of your box. You'll need quite a few, see how much you can decrease the box's internal volume by, and if it gives you any gain in dB.

You should get 145dB on an audiocontrol with just the L5's going :P

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!