Brennan Doehring Posted October 2, 2015 Report Posted October 2, 2015 Technically this isn't my first sub I'm looking at getting, I have a pair of Hertz Deici DS30.3's sitting in my room, but those are getting sold, I want bigger and better for my first sub, but partially because these subs are SVC and I don't have enough room to fit them in my trunk and get low enough, as well as being only 250W RMS eh.. Anywho, I'm looking at getting a pretty decent first subwoofer to go INTO my car, not sit in my room, lol. My friend who runs a Fi BL 15" is saying I should do an SA-12. SA-12 is definitely something I'm looking at, but I'm entertaining other brands as well. I was looking at a DC Audio Level 2 12", and a SoundQubed HDS312. Since I'm only going with one 12 space isn't an issue, and I'm looking to tune to around 31-33hz. I want it to hit pretty low and get some air moving. I plan on buying either a Crescendo S600.1, or Steve's recently looked at Execution Audio EA1000.1. I know the SA-12 will handle 1k watts all day, the SoundQubed is 1200W RMS, and the DC Audio Level 2 I'm unsure of how much it could handle, I'm sure they're underrated but I haven't read a whole lot about DC, I just know they're good, so some insight there would be good. Keep in mind this will be in my 2000 Subaru Legacy on it's stock battery (may get an XS Power in January), and then in the Spring paying my car off and buying a Subaru Impreza WRX Wagon or a Tahoe and I'm going to venture deep into car audio, and will be adding many more subs in. Therefore, I'm not looking to upgrade my electrical at all. I currently have an 8ga KnuKonceptz OFC power and ground on an RF 300-4. That amp may or may not be going back to it's owner (my best friend) when I get the sub in. I do have some KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA wire I may install if I do the EA amp, but was hoping to save it for my next vehicle. What would you guys suggest? The Crescendo or Execution Audio, and with the DC Level 2 12, SA-12, or SoundQubed HDS312? Keep in mind I have virgin ears and find 300W off two RF Punch HX2s in a sealed prefab tuned to like 50hz sounds loud lol. Current Build 2000 Subaru Legacy L Sedan Alpine CDE-151 Precision Power S2.65c (Front) Kenwood KFC-1695PS (Rear) Rockford Fosgate R300-4 50x4 RMS KnuKonceptz 8 Gauge OFC
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.