I opened a can of worms, help me turn it into a speaker on wheels.

In San Jose, I have a 94Dodge Van that the previous owner decided to put in a new radio with his son. My van had trouble starting occasionally, mechanic told me there was a short somewhere so I pulled off the paneling to find it. What I ended up finding out is there are two different systems in my ride... mixed with the interior lights never working properly made me decide I needed to fix this shit properly. After learning how deep the rabbit hole is I could use some help, advice, suggestions, and comments.

I slapped the system for a while and the only issue would be a scratchy noise on one speaker if I turned it up too loud and would sometimes skip, after a while the radio would just tick and die and now it only ticks and wont turn on.

There is a coax tv and aux port with the charging port (cigarett lighter is on the dash) hooked up to two palm sized basic speakers, a few ports larget then aux (idk what for), one switch for tv/seaker. A Quasar GX400 cassette deck (that was a portable boombox) I am not sure where it leads, it never worked. The main one is a Panasonic DPX33 cd player, with a 4" or 5" in each door and two 6x9" in the back up by the ceiling. There is also a random cord from that box to the old bench with two switches that moved it.

Which sets the mood for what I am hoping to do and why. My van has the regular captains chairs in the front but then I removed everything in the back and put a recliner in between the wheels and a bench on one side going to the back and I was considering beanbags unless I made a box to sit on (lol). In other words I have hella space to work with... My first time at a strip club was amazing but not cause of the girls, the speakers were the first time I felt a good system that made some hair tricks. A few years later I have gone through a few different cars and different systems but now I am im a position to finally have one that makes me feel bass rather then just hear it. I wanna do it properly the first time and that goes by steps... I am about to upgrade the big three this month and need to plan out what I will be getting and buy it all.

Budget is really only a matter of time. I go to the drive-ins and watch movies and my musical choice in order would be Tecno/Dubstep, Classical, Metal, Rap, Country and some Rasta/voodoo type rythms (foreign music). I was thinking:

4 15s or 18s in a box behind the chair.

A 12 or 15 in a box in front the wheel.

Make the 6x9 into midrange and put 2 more towards the front seats.

Replace the palm sised ones for tweets or super tweets.

I was probably gonna leave the front door ones alone.

What do you think of the layout and what speakers would you recommend... it has to vibrate the concrete but still be able to listen to the music in full range.

Archived