Sonic Electronix

'97 Chevy Blazer - Where is a good place to run 0 gauge power wire through the firewall

Does anyone know a good place to run 0 gauge wire through the firewall of a '97 Chevy Blazer? I looked for awhile and could not find any existing holes and with everything in the way, I don't want to just randomly drill around because the risk of running into something. I would prefer to run it on the passengers side, but if that is going to be much more of a hassle, i would settle with the drivers side.

I'm running my power wire through the firewall on the passenger side. If you are careful and triple check there's no need to worry about hitting anything. Just drill out a hole (mine is on the right side of the foot well about as high as I could get a good drill angle), snap a grommet in there and your good to go. If the thought of a hole/grommet freaks you out you can go back after the the run is complete and either caulk or somehow seal the tiny gap around the wire

Edit: my blazer is a 04, not sure of clearance issues on your year.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

Was just able to get it ran today. Looked some more and there was an existing grommet on the passenger side on about the middle of the floor board under the dash. The wire that goes through there should be for the antenna. Popped the grommet out and realized there was a pretty large hole already existing there. Enough to run a 0 gauge wire through it and still have room for a new grommet. It is hard to see where it exits from the firewall into the engine bay, but was able to fish it through by just shoving a bunch of wire through. Luckily I didn't have to drill a hole. Bad thing is, I cannot run it through the trim on the car like normal, so i will have to pull up carpet and run it that way.

Archived