Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Fox acoustics pre fab


mmacleod1983

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have a fox acoustics pre fabricated box.

It is ported 1.35 cubes tuned at 35 hz

Anyway they come with these molded pods that sit down in the tool trays of my dodge ram.

They are fairly heavy duty plastic but I was looking at my enclosure the other day and on the low notes that bottom panel is flexing all over the place and my box hops up and down to the beat.

Should I Iine the outside and inside with some deadener or fiberglass resin to strengthen the pods?

Is cancellation occuring here due to the flex? or not really since its ported?

Here is a link to the box I have

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-210-V

here is a pic of the pods so you can get an idea of what the plastic molds look like

http://www.foxacoustics.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=DQC-112-V-P

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2395 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...