Second Skin Audio

Maximum Bass for $1000

That position rig is wicked! That's a nice little front loaded horn you made. I take it the slope is against the back seats and sub is firing to the left and right sides?

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

Thanks!

2015-mazda-cx-5-rear-cargo-space.jpg

The sub rests against the back seat. The mouth of the tapped horn is on the side of the box. (There's only one mouth; that other panel will (eventually) be on their permanently, but at the moment I'm just screwing it on, then unscrewing it to work on the box.)

The reason I put the mouth of the tapped horn on the side is that I wanted it to fire into that 'nook' on the left side of the trunk. Basically the 'nook' there should extend the horn length by about a foot.

Yeah, both enclosures have reduced mouths. However, Art's keystone exit would look more appealing when opening your hatch!

2000 Toyota Solara SEV6, 200 amp alternator, Jensen VX7020, Hifonics American Warrior Taurus X, Hifonics American Warrior Centurion X, JBL Club 6500C, Power Acoustik XP2K-4102, Coustic Power Logic HT-612 in a BP4.

True, I suck at making things look "finished."

There's a fair amount of work invested in the box, and nothing covering it. I'm hoping that the sheer weight is enough to discourage most crackheads. I'm reluctant to bolt it to the car because I'd like to remove it on occasion.

I will be painting it black, soon...

Archived