adding amp, updating circuit breaker?

I currently have a 70a breaker connected 1' from battery for running my air ride compressors, both compressors run with 30a fuses.

I am in the midst of installing an Infinity K5 amplifier that has 3 x 30a fuses.

I am needing clarity as to what amp breaker I need to upgrade to. Would I only need a 90a since that the largest singular draw from the amplifier? Or do I need to get an 150a breaker combining the fuses from the amplifier and the compressors? I greatly appreciate any insight.

Id run a different power wire for your amplifier. A 100 amp breaker will work.

Probably should have mentioned earlier but I planned on adding an amp in the future when I installed the air ride. I have ran 0 gauge wire from battery to 70a breaker and 0 gauge back to a distribution block in my trunk with 4 4 gauge outs only a foot or two of where the amp is being installed. I am trying to keep as clean as an install as possible. Do you still think I'd be better off running a seperate power wire for the amp or just add it to the block already next to where it's being installed?

U can try that. Idk if it would cause any issues. Your fuses before the distro block need to be big enough to sustain power to all your gear at once but smaller than the wires max amp load. You have 150 amps max of draw so a 150 amp breaker should be fine. Just fuse accordingly between the distro block and your individual amps and air ride.

Archived