Barky Posted May 23, 2016 Report Posted May 23, 2016 Hey, So I have a Skar VVX 12v3, running it on a Skar RP-800.1D Monoblock Amp at 2 ohms. Installed in a T-Line box. My question is, Why is my sub getting very warm? Is it because i have is set up in the wrong box? Sorry I am not very knowledgeable about subs, so if you could help me out that would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Barky
Esgedi Posted May 23, 2016 Report Posted May 23, 2016 The coil of the driver acts as a heat sink, power ratings are how much heat it can dissipate. If they're getting hot, they're either getting too much power, or unclean power. Did you tune your amp by ear? Don't trust a shop but you personally just smoked two decks, makes sense. 03' Trailblazer LTDayton Designer 6.5"s & Silkie tweetersDayton Audio Ultimax 18"Pioneer 9601 & 8604XS Power D34002 runs 1/0Singer 250
Barky Posted May 23, 2016 Author Report Posted May 23, 2016 Yes I tuned it by ear. I want to get it professionally tuned and see if that would fix it.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.