yeah, just a friendly piece of advice, your trans was not designed to hold 300hp,  Guaranteed.  Typically a stock auto tranny only has about 60-66% efficiency.  The reason why the efficiency rating is so low out of the factory, is that it helps them gain a smooth shifting pattern. So before you start adding power to your engine, address your tranny first and formost and then approach the engine.

What I had to do on all of my tranny's was get a more efficient TC (I went with a 91% from DTT Trans), plus I had them replace my VB with a more powerful one and adjust the pressures according to my power band and then upgrade my clutchpack to a 6 pack.  From that my truck was able to hold over 500hp.  Keep in mind too, that this was about $3500 in parts/labor.  Hense the reason why I will never buy another auto for personal use.  The only reason for an auto is on the drag strip  :D

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

but you've still go the same issue.  It was not built for that kind of power.  You need to address the weak link before you start working on the core of the power.  If you do not, you tranny will give our very quickly and the cost to fix it will be alot higher than fixing it now.

So with age, your vehicle is losing HP?  I'm confused.

You need to keep in mind that adding HP to a vehicle is not just plugging in upgrades.  All power from the motor is distributed through the trans, the driveline, the diff, then to the wheels.  All parts need to be looked at when upgrading power.  Not just the motor.  See my point?

I read another post that your located in CO.  Where abouts?  I'm actually 20miles north of Denver.  If your in CO, it might be easier to see your ride and show and do some OBD's, so that you know what its potential is.