Sundown Audio

Need Guidance 99 Escalade Upgrading Amp Guidance! Mono D JL 1000/1 ver1 and JL 12w7 Currently

JohnBoy1983

Hello, I have a 99 escalade with Bose System, has Rockford Fostgate Punch Componets around. Am upgrading the deck from factory Bose this week.

I have a Memphis 4 gauge amp kit.

I am looking to upgrade my current Mono D Amp I have in it. But not change the 4 gauge out... or the Alternator to a bigger AMP one... What is a good Mono D AMP for the dollar that will maybe perform better then what I have? Seems newer technology stuff is putting out more and is much cheaper than back in the day $800 amps.

What is in it currently is the JL1000w/1 ver 1. Still works great. Have it to a JL 12W7 and JL box that came with the special edition believe. Slaps good....Been running this setup for few years.... Just saw the Amp Test Tuesday... on the Hifonics Brutis 1700w-1 mono D amp. Making the 1700 watts... seems to be a good AMP for the dollar?

I guess I am looking for solid good AMP great choices and without upgrading 4 awg wire kit or Alternator for the buck? Also curious if anyone has tested the 1000w/1 JL ver1 what it is currently putting out on the normal? Thanks for any advice.

Archived