Sundown Audio

Orion Cobalt. Any good?

CodyLucente

i have been looking at picking up an Orion amplifier and the cobalt series is more affordable however i notice there not up to the standards of the rest of there lineup

lineup--more expensive, rated at 12.8, named at rated power

cobalt--significantly cheaper, rated at 14.4v, named at double rated power

so do they perform to there big brother counterparts or are they garbage in comparison? and why the discrepancies?

Anyone have any amp tests?

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

this is to replace my CT 1200.1 and i want something on the same level

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

The ct is on a whole other level compared to the orion cobalt. Did your ct stop working? Wats the reason for the change? Ebay has ct sounds amps refurbished for a good price.

The ct is on a whole other level compared to the orion cobalt. Did your ct stop working? Wats the reason for the change? Ebay has ct sounds amps refurbished for a good price.

i left the AT 1200.1 half way across the country 3000km away at my house still hooked up to my old system in my garage (its the one in the foot of my posts) and it would cost 75$ to ship or 220$ for the cobalt 1500 1d2 shipped.

I mean im sure it wont do above and beyond but somewhere around rated would be nice

Archived