Second Skin Audio

Orion sub wattage?

CodyLucente

I recently bought 2 Orion subs and they have a different RMS, Nominal, Peak values of 600,1200,2400 respectively. prior to this i assumed that RMS and Nominal were the same. So then what is the Nominal rating and can i play on this consistantly?

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Marketing words mostly. RMS is going to be at least somewhat (outlier brands excluded) realistic when trying to match between subwoofers and amplifiers. I guess if you were buying a matching Orion amp you could use their Nominal rating (whatever they feel that means). Stick with RMS.

was going to go with a matched amp, but i found a used kicker DX 1000.1 amp that i think will match this nicely. i was asking because of my CTSounds 1200.1 that i can get to go own to 2400RMS at 0.5 Ohms

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Archived