Power question.

An XS power d3100 is ~$370, anything similar from any other reputable brand will be fine.

You won't be drawing that much current. Could reach over 300A on peaks but average will be much lower.
3600w at 12.5v is 330A if you assume 86% efficiency. That's continuous full load into nominal ohm load which isn't a real world situation for non-SPL stuff.

I still urge you to make sure the 4 channel is 1ohm stable. All I could find about it was a German site that only mentioned 2-4ohm usage.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

I'm reading my copy of the manual and it states, I quote "The Cadence A4 Ultrashock amplifier is designed to deliver its full rated power into 1-ohm stereo per channel or 2-ohm mono bridged speaker loads continuously without current limiting."

Pretty sure that means its 1 ohm stable. Its a pretty remarkable amp. I've only seen 1 on the market in years, and its the one I currently own. I've clamped and oscilloscoped it while I was using it for sub's, and the damn thing didn't clip once with the gains turned all the way up.

2001 Tahoe

No system. Not even aftermarket headunit.

Yeah all good then. Must be a solid amp, lucky find.

If it doesn't clip with the gains all the way up you need a higher line level output to be able to get the most out of it. It works just fine as it is obviously but there will be more noise with the gain turned right up, also won't be able to get full power out of it but that's not so bad.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Archived