dave7700 Posted November 9, 2016 Report Posted November 9, 2016 I've got a jl12w7-3 and JL Audio JX1000/1D amp. I am building a custom center console and have an area 14" wide 39" long and 14-17" tall to work with. This is for a 2005 Silverado crew cab 1500. I am not sure which way to port it or optimal tuning for what I'm looking for. I listen. To all kinds of music from punk to metal to rap/hip hop, country and even classical. I'd like to get as much SPL without sacrificing too much sq. Any and all help designing and tuning this would help greatly. I've worked in a cabinet shop for an extremely high end interior designer for 20+ yrs. I have the ability to build any crazy thing y'all throw at me. Kerf bends, twists, you whatever. Plan to use 3/4 MDF and most likely double up on it where sub will mount. If possible I'd like to put the sub outside the box facing in so I can do some fancy lexan reveal at the top rear where would be the arm rest essentially.that'd be outside of given dimension area for cubic volume. Can put it in the box and reveal front of the sub instead. Whatever will give the sound I seek in area I'm working. Thanks in advance. And thanks for all the boxes I've used for reference in the past.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.