Second Skin Audio

08 GMC Sierra Crew cab box build speaker selection

spaz83

Hey yall. New here. I am new in the sound game after a lonnnng break. I am currently running two 10 sundown SA audio d4 subs in my truck, running on a soundstream tarantula nano 1200.1  amp. I love my 10s. Now I have an opportunity to trade my 2 10s for two 12 sa d4 subs cause the guys truck doesnt allow a very good mounting space without tearing up the cone. They are new and undamaged.  Now I am gonna be working with around 4.5 to 5 ft3 under my seat.  Im curious as to what advice i get from the experienced guys. Also Im planning on front mounting either subs. i know sundowns recommendations. Now main questions, I listen to all music, rock and rap mainly, What would be the best frequency to port the subs at to get the most efficiency? 

What would you advise as far as selecting what size subs to run?  Would front mount be more beneficial than downfire? Also what would be the best direction to face the port (Front, rear, side) Also how do i determine the port size correctly for tuning? 

I dropped the ball and forgot to get the exact dimensions for under the seat. A few of my exact dimensions of the space i have is front hieght 12" and rear is 10.5". the approximate others are 51" across and 16" deep. 

Thanks for any advice

Archived