Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help Please "Old SCHOOL Guy" Orion 15" Sub w/ Fosgate amp


Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey Guys, Was looking for someone that has actually owned this type of speaker before and has tried it in both the sealed and ported box and maybe has tried this speaker with different amps????  I am new to this forum so please go easy on me.  

  I just bought this speaker off ebay, said its an Old School Orion 15" subwoofer and I have a Punch100ix fosgate Old school amp.  I want to build a box for this speaker but dont know what dimensions the box needs to be??  Ported or sealed enclosure???  I just want OLD SCHOOL Thumping Bass and dont really care about the sound Quality,,I am not entering a competition,,,Its just for my 18yr old daughter to enjoy,,but wanted to give her the feel of an old school system,,nothing special.  If memory serves me well,,The biggest box you can fit into the trunk with a big 4-6" port hole and let it go at that, right?  Any and ALL Help is very appreciated.  I have a 2001 chrylser lhs and the box will go into that trunk.  I cannot find out anything about this speaker on the web,,,all they show is newer stuff.  I have run 2 12" old school Kicker solo barics off this amp and they sound great to me,,,if the sound of this one 15" Orion will be anything close to my kickers then I have a winner.  I have never even heard an Orion speaker thump before and I am looking forward to trying out this speaker.  I may have to double up my amp though and buy a Punch200 or an old school Orion amp if my punch100 amp is too small.  Only you guys that have been there and tried this already, will know,,,Thats why I ask you guys and I thank you for your response in advance.  Pictures and link below are of the actual speaker I just bought. 

Here is the ebay link ---  http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOW-ORION-HCCA-15-2OHM-DVC-OLD-SCHOOL-CAR-SUB-WOOFER/382148869714?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

I believe its got the wrong picture for the original specs as they show a black cone and this speaker has a silver cone.  I would like to know what year this speaker was made and about how many watts rms I should put to it before I can hurt the speaker?  I know all this may sound very dumb to you guys but its been like 17yrs since I have hooked up a system and ALL that I want it to do is THUMP.   I not looking for scientific answers or absolutes,,,Just someone that has tried this particular speaker before and knows what it will do.        

Thx guys for your help.     

s-l1600 (1).jpg

s-l1600 (3).jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8843 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...