Second Skin Audio

Suggestions for installing 18" sub in a Lexus LS430

dakai9

Hey there guys I am new to the forum though I have been following SMD for years and am reaching a point where I feel confident enough to build my first proper system. The only problem is that I would really like to get an 18" sub, as I prefer the sound over 12s and 15s. However, my Lexus may not be the ideal candidate for an 18...and that is why I am here wondering if anyone has experience with putting an 18 in the trunk of an LS430, or perhaps even the backseat.

I am looking for the most output I can possibly get out of the smallest enclosure with an 18....however I love super low bass, so ideally I want to tune my box to something like 27-29 hertz...which may warrant a larger enclosure than I can afford without seriously altering my ride (which is out of the question).

What is my best option for getting very deep bass out of a single 18 in a saloon type car?

Budget is not an issue, I am looking to do big 3 upgrade...80 AH lithium ion...2500 watts RMS amp (not sure what yet)...240 alt mechman.

Thank you ahead of time for any input! It is much appreciated. 

Archived