Ho Alternator Problems! Again

I ordered an 220 amp alt from Iraggi for my 97 maxima i did my big 3 in 4 guage and the alt burnt up(rectifier) never charged above 13.8 and when the bass hits it dropped tp 11.6(about the same for the stock alt)

So i got it fixed installed it again(this time i upgraded the wires with 0 gauge(klm) and i left the 4 gauge in place along with the stock wires

I got it installed played some jeezy to test it out(about a minute NO LIE) and the volts started at 13.9 and dropped 13.6! awsome right:D! then the alt started smoking so i shut down everythnig and i looked closer and the alt was on fire! :verymad:

What could the problem be?:confused:

dom said usually its bad or weak batteries but mine sit at 12.6v and arent that old (8mos) and besides my stock alternator is doing fine so i dont know what else can be the problem

I gotta get this problem fixed quick i wanna run 2 zx2500.1 instead of the hk401sx's

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3042878

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

"GET LOUD OR DIE TRYIN"only the loudest will survive.

I ordered an 220 amp alt from Iraggi for my 97 maxima i did my big 3 in 4 guage and the alt burnt up(rectifier) never charged above 13.8 and when the bass hits it dropped tp 11.6(about the same for the stock alt)

So i got it fixed installed it again(this time i upgraded the wires with 0 gauge(klm) and i left the 4 gauge in place along with the stock wires

I got it installed played some jeezy to test it out(about a minute NO LIE) and the volts started at 13.9 and dropped 13.6! awsome right:D! then the alt started smoking so i shut down everythnig and i looked closer and the alt was on fire! :verymad:

What could the problem be?:confused:

dom said usually its bad or weak batteries but mine sit at 12.6v and arent that old (8mos) and besides my stock alternator is doing fine so i dont know what else can be the problem

I gotta get this problem fixed quick i wanna run 2 zx2500.1 instead of the hk401sx's

Really don't sound right. Is your alt under warranty with Dom if so try another one. If you have to buy one try someone else. I would run only 1/0gauge next time bail the 4gauge. Those are regulated by your cars computer If i (remember right) Your car fuse should pop before your alt fries. Sure there is nothing modified to the alt? I'll run it buy Link he knows more about scenario's than I do.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...

i never heard of an alt smoking, but it might be overheating from too much stress from failing batteries and having to work all by itself...

but the stock had been in there for 2 years and when i got the alternator back from repair it lasted about a mintue..not even a full song

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

Dom doesn't get any love over at CA

iraggi....
LMAO.

sucks to hear, but should have done some research man...

dominick scams again!!!

^^^yep, that's the problem
buying iraggi, this was your 1st problem.
woooo glad i switched alt companies just before i ordered mine. :laugh:

TEAM DEADLY HERTZ

Archived