Second Skin Audio

T-Line help

Holmz

I want try a t-line for a vehicle, and if that does not work well, then I can always use the subs in a home system ... making a more standard box with the cross section of the chamber Equal to the effective diameter of the subs.

i currently have a pair of NVX 12" with:

fs = 29-Hz

qts = 0.38

qes = 0.41

xmax=20-mm

max RMS = 400(W)

there is a panel behind the drivers seat that is ~5" deep, 18" wide, and ~4' tall. So I would like to mount the sub with chamber that starts off ~10-11" wide x 5" deep, and have it taper down to 5"x5" and do three bends for ~11' with a tuned frequency of 25-27 Hz

I do not have a way to run hornresp on my iPad, and am wondering if I should just start cutting wood, or think this through more?

On the low frequency end how does one not bottom out the excursion?, and set the cross over (or house curve shaping) to get maximum low frequency response without clicking the voice coils onto the stops?

i do have some scanspeak 18Wu for woofers to take over from the subs, which will be mounted in the dash in seal boxes and have an f3 of 70-Hz, so I can cross them over at 80 to 130 Hz depending on what seems right.

any help is appreciated.

Archived