80prs 3way active & internal amp help!

hello everyone, i have owned a pioneer 80prs for several yrs now and my car has component speakers both front and rear. 

for first time with this car i have removed the door panels and dash only to find out its already been wired by past owner to do 3way active setup, however its currently wired to its factory wiring in normal front/rear - left/right. basically saying the 3way active wires are ran, but not in use! all the extra wiring is done correctly based on where they run to and the connection ends are bundled up in the dash with tons extra length ether to connect to an internal amp on stereo or run to rear for external amp.

anyways to start my question. seeing how the 80prs can use 3way active with its internal amp, i am trying to find out if possible to wire speakers in sets of 2.

the internal amp network mode runs in a left/right config. so my question is will the internal amp of the radio handle a lower ohm impedance if i was to say wire front/rear mids of left as one and same for tweets? so be 2 tweets left, 2 mids left, 2 tweets right, 2 mids right and use external amp for the sub output. 

(edit note - asking this info as would like to try 3way active without buying another amp for the mids/tweets)

Archived