Second Skin Audio

Grand Cherokee, skar Evl 12's, ported enclosure help

BassheadMS

So I have to Skar EVL 12 d 4ohm subs, 5.6 ish cu ft slot ported enclouse (before port and displacements - ) it's roughly 4.3 cu ft after port and other displacements, tuned to right around 34 hz, I think.   I first built the box, rear firing subs & rear firing port because when I got through building the box, it reminded me of those old school deep boxes my older brothers friends would have, say some jl w7 12's or cvr's in, slammin!. So yea, got it all sealed up, install subs, and one has a weird rattle. Tha sh*ts that about? I'm not certain if the rattle was instant or not but either then or a few minutes after listening, it starts to rattle. Almost sounded like the pole piece was hitting the magnet? Like a boingy, thin metal slapping sound.. so I send the sub back and get another one. Welllllllllll, slap it in the box with the other sub, and there's that noise again. Slightly different, but same. Put a light inside the pole piece and looked through a the vent holes good and not having any coil unwind, and nothing looks abnormal. I did notice a "skid" mark up the pole vent like a small something got sucked into the internals of the sun but no signs of damage???So idk what the deal is with the sub I got and I'm almost certain it isnt the same sub sent back to me, I kept in contact with the skar's support and returns guy and said I was receiving an open box, fully functional sub? I'm concerned that it may be one sub not loading correctly due to the odd position of subs/port. Gonna see if I can manage to attach pics. And I'm also wondering if there's any, ANY advice for this setup I'm running and what to do to get loud LOUD. Im really striving for 150 but dunno if I can with this hifomics brutus 2000watt rms amp pushing them. I think I'm right at 4.2 cu ft after everything's said and done. Y'all check it out and help where you can, I'd really appreciate it. I'm not a "noob", been installing and tuning buddies and my own stereos since I was about 14, (I'm 27). But ive only built about 5 enclosures and had great success with them all. But I know you guys for the most part, know your stuff. Any help is greatly appreciated

Archived