Second Skin Audio

Skar EVL 15 Enclosure Suggestions

TexasRebelX

Recently replaced an old and very worn out dB Drive Okur K9 with a Skar EVL 15. Running it on my dB Drive A7 2k amp. Looking for ideas and suggestions on a new enclosure. Kinda wanting to build something different than the standard sealed and ported boxes that I'm used to. Thinking about doing a bandpass, but don't know a whole lot about designing them or calculating proper airspace per chamber. Some have told me to do a 6th and some have said do a 4th. I've never built either of them, but want to learn and figured this would be as good a time as any. I'm really wanting to have good lows (28-34ish). I understand that a bandpass is going to allow me to hit lower and higher than that considerably, but I would like some input and possibly some help from someone that knows what they're doing.

• 4 weeks later...

I ran 2 12" EVL's on a Skar SKv2 4500 in a sealed enclosure, My amp went down so in the interim I hooked up US Amps USA 2000 my EVL's are Dual 4's, I needed dual 2's for the US Amps Amp so I got a set of Skar VXF 12's in Dual 2 Ohms. I had the guys at Car Audio Fab design me a box it is ported 33 Hz / 3.6 cu ft for 2 subs. I have installed 2 other systems with Skar subs1 ported and 1 sealed. I typically use bass box pro which says sealed or ported is good my experience says ported only and the $50 spent for the car audio fab box design was well worth it

2018 Ford F-150 Supercrew

Excessive Amperage 370 Amp Alt, (2) XS-Power D 1200 Batteries, Factory Head Unit, Alpine PXE-0850S sound processing, US Amps USA 2000, Hertz HDP 4, Focal 165 KR2, Focal ES165 KX2, (2) Skar VXF-12's  Box Design by Mark Car Audio Fab.

Archived