Tahoe OBS 4-15s, 2 soundmagus 3500 @ 0.25 ohms, 152db no wall build.

Hi, this is our first post here! i'm not a native English speaker so bear with me. We are a team of young hobbyist that decided to get on car audio installs about a year and a half ago. We did this system in a weekend to attend a car show with the intention to compete with another installer shop in our town and shut their mouths (they claimed that their build could outrun us, they did about 147db in music last time in a ford explorer with 4 15 inch american bass subs), sadly they didn't  showed up at this show, we got 152 plus db, in a stock Tahoe, even though there was no sound dampening installed and lots of flex.

The system consist of 4 15" Dual 4 ohm Xion X8 subwoofers (Mexican brand BTW, same motor and basket as Massive Hippo XL, 2000 RMS a piece) wired in parallel at 0.5 ohms. Two Soundmagus vs3500 bridged together to drive the same load (so each amp sees .25 ohms in theory, but thanks to the huge box there is impedance rise). To power things up we put 3 lithium batteries, i don't know where they come from originally (some bass heads here in Mexico distribute them), but they are 13.7 volts nominal and up to 16.6 volts depending on the connection, capable of 3000 CCA each. 

We build the box last year for the 4 american bass 15 inch i told you earlier (the owner of the subs sold them to another guy that went with the other installers in the town!) with the goal to compete in USACI's street beat. Its a musical box with huge port area and around 13-14 cubic feet for the subs. The Xion subs couldn't get as low as the american bass, but were much louder at 35-50Hz. With a good installation you still have a 4 seater SUV banging 152s all day, specially made for a 95 Chevy Tahoe to fit perfectly in the cargo area.

Detail of one of the subs in the box, and you get a sneak peek of the cheap and effective bracing we did back then!

spacer.png

Little amp rack to hold the amps in place.

spacer.png

Each amp has dual 0 gauge inputs.

spacer.png

Got the Limitless Lithium 25a charger giving some juice to the batteries.

spacer.png

At fist we wanted to put the rack on top of the box, but power cables were already done and they were short (borrowed from another project)

spacer.png

The box seems huge out of the truck,  them subs look like little 12s haha.

spacer.png

This was our score, peak SPL with meter in the kick with music for 30 seconds.

spacer.png

Short demo, didn't have time to record more vids:

https://youtu.be/R6zlLR8L7SA 

Archived