Second Skin Audio

4-6 DC Audio LvL 4 15’s Ridgeline

CBEtsinger

The short: 

I have a #savagegrandma who said my 2 15” LVL 4 DC’s on a taramps MD8000.1 were “okay”. Box built to spec per a member here. Well done! It’s been impressive. 

I want to build a new box, these are the MAX dimensions because I will need a battery bank UNDER the box, HOWEVER I am willing to move the batteries to the bed if there is a box design I can hit 160+ with. Currently the subs are on a rack and allows me to fit 3 people in the cab. I’m willing to lose the entire back for 160+ action. That’s where the 4-6 subs come in. I have 2, I will order 4 more regardless because I won’t allow myself to burn one down and lose play. Electrical is good. Truck is deadened from top to bottom, the only thing rattling is teeth and titties. I’m cool with 4th and 6th order builds (I have 2 table saws and I know how to abuse them) and walling my truck. Looking at the TS these don’t care much for 6th order, unless the maker of the subs can convince me different. Ported or 4th seems to the the limit. 

Small system: 

48”x48”x36”... this gets me to keep the back seat. If I need to eat up more space I can do it. I will be pushing the subs at full RMS 1500 each. I play everything except classical. If I simply doubled the subs to 4 doubled my wattage and built a box 2x bigger. Everyone would be happy. I wanna be even more personally impressed. Willing to rep any one brand on my truck. 

I love these forums. And I thank you guys in advance. I build furniture. I still get arrested because I’m “exxxtra” and I DGAF bout much. Feed me 

Archived