Sonic Electronix

Buying 2 sundown xv2 12d4’s, need help!

So I am buying these two subs and going to build a slot port box for them. Been driving myself crazy looking for a “good” amp to power them with. Looking at spending around 500, and considered the taramps 8000 and just keep the gain down. I’m sure some one would tell me that’s a bad idea, but I also see these taramps catch fire too, so I don’t know what to do there. Also I have no clue as to what kind of electrical to support such a thing. The best off the shelf alternator I can find is 200(car is an 01 accord coupe 2.3) and don’t know if that’s enuff. Also what about a second battery? Or do I need 2, and what gage of zero wire? The more I read up on these things the more confused I get and wish to just receive clarification. I NEED AN ADULT! Or some one to hold my hand threw this process. Also I am a carpenter by trade and very capable of building a box, but the sizing and length of ports and all of that completely eludes me, so I need help with that also... I know this sounds like a lot, but From what I’ve read so far, I’ve been doing it wrong my hole life, and wish to do it correctly for once. What I am looking for is bass that I can “feel”. Somthing that hits you on the chest and takes your breath away. Not too concerned with “quality”. I would love it if it blew the already cracked windshield out, but that’s just a fantasy of mine. I am also open to alternate suggestions on a full system, but don’t want to spend more than 12-1500, I just want somthing good.

Archived