Sonic Electronix

i have this hifonics brutus amp just to tide me over till i can get more money. i hooked it up to 4 ohms i have dual 2 ohm sub but the other junk amp i had was only 4 ohm stable. (the amp i was just using) when briged. so i just thought that ill leave it hooked up that way cuz 2kwrms is more than my L7 singaly can take. i have one just hooked up till next week. anyways i took the sub out and wired it for 1 ohm pos to pos and neg to neg it read on the dmm 1.2ohms, i hook it up to the amp and it dosent want to play i can feel the sub ever so slightly vibrating so i hook it back up to 4 ohm as the dmm shows and it plays fine. what the heck did??? i hook it up wrong i have no clue???

i almost for got to mention when i did hook it up 1ohm and hardly any sound came out. i turned it up and it made my batt guage go down like it was being used i only have the stock alt on it right now, cuz my ho alt was getting hotter than it should so i took it out for now till i can see what the deal is with the alt.

it was my first name on yahoo when I first started using computers, why switch now? lol and I only switched avatars twice, once to put the ducky picture, and once to put my subs.

has it ever worked at 1 ohm?

Edited by littleitaly1990

A vitrolic, megalomaniacal sadistic psychopath.