I have a stock 2014 Honda Accord Sedan. I plan on building an audio system around my Pioneer AVIC 8200 GPS unit. I don't have any other equipment yet. I just know that I plan on having a pair of 12's for bass. I don't know which ones yet. 

While doing research, I came across the Precision Power SPL series amps. They have a few different models, but I am interested in the one PPI claims is 5000 watts (I don't have the model number). It's rated at 3000 watts RMS at 1 ohm. I saw it on Amazon and it got good reviews. The people seem to love it. But it's only got 17 reviews; not enough to make me run and buy it just yet. 

I tried to find other sites where it might be featured, but I didn't find any. I tried to find sites where I could get technical information. I got none. I searched Youtube to see if there were any dyno videos which showcased the amp. There were none. This series amp isn't even on the Precision Power website. I would like to hear from anyone who has any personal experience with this amp. I would like to know if it lives up to its RMS rating. In doing my research, I also like the Skar RP2000.1. If I can't get enough information on the PPI, I would likely go with the Skar. But I would rather go with the Precision Power unit because it's a smaller unit and it allows more flexibility as far as installation options.

ppi.jpg

Archived