Sonic Electronix

Your settings appear to be off for your highs. Turn the sub off/bass down, or unplug the RCAs to troubleshoot the highs. Turn the volume about half way up, and play with the settings on the amp until you get the sound you want. Don't mess with the gain, just the frequency settings on the amp. Does your radio have a built in EQ and/or crossover? I'm not familiar with Kenwood HUs. If so, scratch changing the settings on the amp and switch to full mode for the front and rear channels and set everything from the head unit. As far as your subs are concerned, like someone else stated, that box sounds WAY TOO BIG for (2) 10s. You probably won't get the punch you want until you get a smaller box. 10s can hit hard, really hard, if they're in the right box.

P.S. Is this local retailer charging you money just to look at and "tune" your system when they did the initial install???

not charging to tune but seems like everytime I go in there they want to sell me more stuff and I buy it and I cant tell the difference in sound just wanted to get another opinion on it so you think Ive got the right amp for the bass how about if I take the other side of the box and put 2 more 10s in it I got room in the box for it but if I do that wil I need to getg a bigger amp or just put another one on the 2 I buy like the 1 I got??

not charging to tune but seems like everytime I go in there they want to sell me more stuff and I buy it and I cant tell the difference in sound just wanted to get another opinion on it so you think Ive got the right amp for the bass how about if I take the other side of the box and put 2 more 10s in it I got room in the box for it but if I do that wil I need to getg a bigger amp or just put another one on the 2 I buy like the 1 I got??

If you have enough room for 1 or 2 more subs to be put in the box, then I know for a fact your box is too big. Get a smaller box, or if you happen to have enough room and don't mind considering this whole scenario as an L and a learning experience, then get (2) 12s or (2) 15s. What are they trying to sell you more of?

After seeing the pics I personally think, for the type of subs you have the box is to big. You could deffenitlly do one or two more and most likely use that same box. Sadly The box does look like 12's and maybe maybe just mabye 15's could have fit. But unless you want a new box do you know what the port looks like in the box and how far it goes in? If you cut the holes for two subs would it cut into any part of the port? Do you know what the specs on your subs are (RMS not peak ) And for the amp if you wanted you could get another one if you wanted (I would ), but that depends on the watts of your subs. Last but not least What gauge wiring do you have. It looked like 8 gauge to the amps powering the highs and 4 gauge powering the amp to the subs? Do both of these wires go all the way to the batt.

Edited by etaks_crew

After seeing the pics I personally think, for the type of subs you have the box is to big. You could deffenitlly do one or two more and most likely use that same box. Sadly The box does look like 12's and maybe maybe just mabye 15's could have fit. But unless you want a new box do you know what the port looks like in the box and how far it goes in? If you cut the holes for two subs would it cut into any part of the port? Do you know what the specs on your subs are (RMS not peak ) And for the amp if you wanted you could get another one if you wanted (I would ), but that depends on the watts of your subs. Last but not least What gauge wiring do you have. It looked like 8 gauge to the amps powering the highs and 4 gauge powering the amp to the subs? Do both of these wires go all the way to the batt.

yes both wires go to the battery they were supposed to put 4 guage on both amps Whant amp would u suggest the T1500 or the 1000 if I was to go to CVT 12s I do belive I could put at least 1 more 10 in that box without cutting into the port When I messed with the amps to get the settings for ghost I somehow changed the settings now the bass sounds like shit 4 sure .Like I said I know 0 about this subject

If you have enough room for 1 or 2 more subs to be put in the box, then I know for a fact your box is too big. Get a smaller box, or if you happen to have enough room and don't mind considering this whole scenario as an L and a learning experience, then get (2) 12s or (2) 15s. What are they trying to sell you more of?

well I got a appointment for dynomatting the roofnext week for one and it just seems their beating around the bush when it comes to getting me what I want when this all started I had a totally differnt system from what I have now and we just keep bringing back in stuff for more expensive stuff and the sound just never gets any better

CVT 12's If you do Two I would ge the T1000 if you do three( :D ) I would do the T1500. But the T1000 is plenty for two 12's.

Shitty on messing up the setting on the amp. I just know how to set them. Everytime I try and tell a friend how to they have no clue what im talking about.

P.S. good night everyone

Edited by etaks_crew

yes both wires go to the battery they were supposed to put 4 guage on both amps Whant amp would u suggest the T1500 or the 1000 if I was to go to CVT 12s I do belive I could put at least 1 more 10 in that box without cutting into the port When I messed with the amps to get the settings for ghost I somehow changed the settings now the bass sounds like shit 4 sure .Like I said I know 0 about this subject

Does your HU have a built in crossover? If you changed the frequency on the amps and it sounds worse, just change the settings back to the way they were before.

Does your HU have a built in crossover? If you changed the frequency on the amps and it sounds worse, just change the settings back to the way they were before.

[/qu]

did that maybe I gave you the wrong settings who knows Ill just go back to the money pit and let them asses tune it again tomorrow