2014 TC 4th Order Build (3 Fi SP4 15's) Blew my Fusible Link!

Forgot to get pictures of it, but I threw together a battery box. This is where the lithium will sit! Box is lined with cermic wool/ mineral wool! Ran out of the roll before I could finish the box.

hdxZOIa.jpg

Also grabbed some cheapo temp meters off amazon. They read Celsius, but fuck it. 10 bucks couldnt pass up. Running one sensor directly to the lithium, another to the bass amp, and then the last two taking ambient temp inside the battery box.

zeGjVxo.jpg

Voltmeter painted up with bedliner (not too happy with the finish on this, but it's already done!)

00k25Bo.jpg

Fucked around and stopped paying attention when I was running wires and arced the fuck out of my battery. Popped the Fusible Link/Alt fuse! Got really lucky I didn't fry any electronics. I had the battery connected so I could see my erminals in place to gauge how long and where my runs needed to be cut. Long story short, 11 hours straight makes you too tired to remember which wires are live and which ones aren't!

ATLqjER.jpg

Drove 2 hours round trip day before the 4th to grab a replacement fusible link. Really lucked out, only ONE dealership in all of inland empire/socal had the part I needed!

454UZzQ.jpg

Back to business. Lithium test fit.

uLrkQ0e.jpg

How the engine bay looks. Not the best wire management, but it's where I could fit shit without having to relocate anything stock! Also like having the ability to always see every inch of my wire runs. That way I can keep tabs on how the wire does down the road with prolonged exposure to high temps.

b25OA5z.jpg

Installed the isolators. 1 per 2/0 run. They were NOT made to accommodate 2/0 lugs lmfao

soVtRib.jpg

Threw a lil slit of rubber between the terminals just for a little added insurance.

q2EYLfg.jpg

Volt meter & switch panel in place. I dont necessarily enjoy having the wire run down the side of the dash, but i refuse to cut up my dash lmao

8pbXRrl.jpg

Another Amazon grab. 20 dollar fuse box with ground terminals and LED lights for popped fuses. Pretty nifty little thing.

yeFay7X.jpg

The rats nest battery box. It started out nicely organized, and as the day grew darker I said fuck it and just got shit run and torqued down. Will be expanding in the near future anyway, and it'll all change, so I'm not too concerned.

SYRU2EH.jpg

Decided to make the temperature sensor a movable controller type thing instead of a stationary display.

qfV4Cpp.jpg

Voltmeter all lit up! The green is nowhere near bright enough in the day time, which is my only gripe. Red is bass amp, orange is mids & highs amp, white is Lithium, Green is Isolator 1 (AGM battery side) and blue is Isolator 2 (AGM battery side). I'll probably, at some point, move the mids and highs amp readout to the front battery readout.

lbPowZ0.jpg

new mounting for the amp. The elec tape on the side is how I have the temp sensor thermister temporarily held on.

iRSWHp5.jpg

Also, decided to MSPaint a system schematic for how everything (minus the fuses near the battery) is wired up.

LNaLD8o.png

And that's where I'm at! Still need to build trim panels (which I'm dreading) to seal the box off from the rear cabin, but that's coming up later. Also, I did some more work on the door pods and got the wrapped in carpet and looking good! I didnt grab any pictures due to lighting, so I'll update tomorrow with pictures of the doors.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

• Cardboardcat15 changed the title to 2014 TC 4th Order Build (3 Fi SP4 15's) Blew my Fusible Link!

heres an update on the doors! all wrapped and looking nice! unfortunately my first half assed attempt at door pods ruined the paenls themselves, which is why theyre all scuffed. 

sip3YQv.jpg

8wE70cV.jpg

Also decided to sand my headlights and get them looking nice again! theyre not totally clear, I think i need to revisit them with some 3k grit sandpaper, and possibly a bit more abrasive pad with the rubbing compound.

Before:

vBgMgsF.jpg

after 800 grit

2xxosR0.jpg

finished product

Y968OTu.jpg

TNoTvZf.jpg

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

Archived