Second Skin Audio

Can someone with software check my math

Daniel644

OK, so I've had my 2016 Civic EX-T for almost a year, it's my daily driver during the week, it desperately needs some bass, but my budget is tight so my plan is to "rob" one of my DC Audio Level 3 15's (Dual 1 Ohm) from my Trailblazer and build 2 new boxes, One for the Civic and 1 for the Trailblazer, This post is in regard to the Civic's box, I just did a mock up with some scrap lumber I had laying around and have confirmed this will fit but it's pretty much at the limits of sneaking past the trunk opening.

The overall dimensions are 13.5" Tall (with 3" of that being the "legs" lifting it up off the floor, so 10.5" for the box itself), 18" deep and 40" wide, material is 3/4" MDF, this makes the port as pictured a 3"x9" slot port with an approximate box volume (minus port) of 2.986 Cubic feet  (CLEAR INSIDE DIMENSIONS from Inner port to far wall 34.75" 16.5" deep and 9" tall and thereby makes the inner side wall of the port about 14.25" (3" clearance off the back wall). I've got this idea of firing the port to the rear of the trunk and having the sub be down firing, I've never seen or heard a down firing sub in a car before, so I don't know if it's worth pursuing, but I figure it might make the trunk more usable for carrying things if the sub isn't firing up or to the rear.

Attached are some pictures from my Autocad Mockup that I will eventually use to produce a cut sheet.

Open to any advice to improve the box design, just can't go any bigger.

civic box 1.jpg

civic box 2.jpg

civic box 3.jpg

civic box 4.jpg

Archived