Second Skin Audio

High end subwoofer in a hybrid?

zskot75

Hey everyone, so I understand how to build a sound system for "normal" cars. I just bought a 2020 honda accord hybrid, and based on my research from crutchfield, and other sources, they say my car can only handle a maximum of 350W-450W. The sub I bought, before knowing this, is the Focal 10" E25 KX. The RMS for it is 600W. I was wondering if I could do a battery upgrade to solve the issue with the XS Power D5100, or use a super cap of about 150F to create a big enough buffer from the stock batt to the sub. Current stock batt says max load is 200A; the D5100 has a max of 3100A. I'm waiting on parts before I install. My idea right now is to use a 6F cap to hold it off, but after researching into the car more I'm unsure if the 6F will be enough, or if it will even work. What do you all recommend? Batt upgrade? Super cap? Will the 6F be enough? Is the sub I chose too big for the system? Good note to keep in mind, supposedly my car has no alternator. It uses the generator to run all electrical including the electric motors at the wheels.

Archived