Second Skin Audio

American Bass Elite 15" box help

codester

Hey everyone,

I've been out of car audio for quite awhile, had a Dakota with 2 SSA ICON 15s previously, a couple Xcon 12s in a Dodge 3500 etc. 

I sold off most of my stuff around 6 years ago and recently the bugs bitten me again, 

I have a 2012 Audi A6 Sedan and just put in a Sundown E12 I had laying around on a JL JX1000, it sounds good but Im looking to upgrade and get something that will go a bit lower and get a bit louder

Im currently back in school to become an RMT so I cant be spending $ but I ended up with about $300 Cad in Amazon gift cards over Christmas and birthday and have decided to put it towards a 15" sub, obviously due to this I dont have many great choices  being in Canada but the American Bass Elite 15" dual 4 is what Im leaning towards.

Ive designed a box in Tores and played around in speaker box lite. speaker box lite recommends only 9-10 square feet of power per cubic foot (probably due to low xmax of 14mm?) Is that adaquate or should I aim for around 12-14?

I like a mix of music, I want it to be able to hit 28hz with decent authority but not drop off too much when playing rock, etc.

My max dimensions are 34" wide, 18" high, 22" deep

My current plan is: 28" wide, 18" high by 21" deep. corner Port 6"x8" by 30" long for a tuning of 31.5hz and net volume 3.43

other option through speakerboxlites reccomendation is 26" wide, 18" high by 20" deep. Port 6"x6" by 22" long for a tuning of 31hz and net volume 3.32

thoughts on these? Im open to suggestions on other ideas as well.

SPecs for the sub below

Thanks,

image.png.e979f2e1429f433459d9f80eff728643.png

Archived