Big bank battery + charger? How?

EDIT: Just realized this is in the wrong area on the site - how do I move it?

Not sure where to even start.

I've been working on a build for some time now but I want to get it finished and done correct. What better way to hop on here. 

I've been a fan of Steve's for a while and a lot of you guys are super knowledgeable and so I'll just ask a few things.

I have already replaced the big 3.

I have a high output alternation from Ohio Gen 300A with 0/1 wire going to the starter battery (optima red top D35 - going to change to a blue top d34 to match rest of setup)

Then two 0/1 wires going back to dist block to power 3 amps (2 rockville db55's and a skar RP2000.1D) (soon to be 5 amps, still researching on which ones, if im going to keep the current 3 and add 2 more, or replace all of them)

I have four Optima Blue Top D34, ran in parallel, to power a bunch of AC audio equipment (turntables, mixer, etc) using a big inverter - This bank is it's own power system and I charge it every so often with a trickle charger using an extension cord out of the house. After a few hours of music, the power isn't enough and things begin to power off. I don't want to do it this way any more. It's been working great for a long while, but I could always use some help here.

My question is:

I would like to charge the 4 blue top's in the back with the alternator but don't want alt whine.

The last time I tried to do this, was YEARS ago, before I grounded out the car and replaced the big 3, before ground loop isolators, and it had a huge alt whine.

Now I'm revisiting the idea, but with some concern on the best way to go about this.

When the car is performing, it will always be running to charge the batteries and power the system.

Your thoughts on a: 

DC to DC charger?

Battery isolator/Split charging system?

If any ideas, or guidance and best approach, please let me know.

If the 4 battery bank in the back can be on the same car electrical system, how can we make sure there is no whine?

I've grounded the shit out of everything I can think of..

The dist block in the back isn't going back up to the car battery - it's grounding to the metal in the trunk.

I'm basically rewiring the entire thing so all advice is welcomed..

I know each piece of the system could be upgraded to a better piece, but let's focus on this question first, then the upgrades lol

Archived