Sundown Audio

Anyone interested in a Zed Mikro IV 2.0?

djbeats

The post below is from the forum on caraudio.com.  If anyone is interested jump over there and find the post with the same title.  

I got into contact with Stephen trying to find a second and third mikro for my builds. Obviously he didn't have any available, but when I asked him about doing a limited run of them again this was his response:

Dear Matt,

It is not economical to extrude the aluminium heat sink material for less than 300 pcs.  The die cost is about $2,000. So this must be amortized over the 300 pcs run.  The construction of the MIKRO series was not the best and so this would be improved drastically.  I would upgrade to 100w x 4 at 4 ohm and add in some nicer crossover features.  Estimated cost from Zed would be about $225.00 per amplifier.

BR

Stephen

Anyone want to jump on board and try to get this done? I love my mikro and will keep looking for thing 2 and thing 3 to add to my collection, but getting the chance to have a limited production run 4ch amp that puts out good power, sounds great, and is tiny AF is something I don't want to miss.

Matt

Archived