Sonic Electronix

5 cubic foot trunk. 
12” trunk opening clearance top to bottom of opening.

12”X6” opening into cabin space. 
39” wide wheel well to wheel well.

28” high from floor of trunk to deck. 

trying to build a setup for a new beetle  convertible. I was thinking skar evl or zvx 8” drivers x3 or 4. 

can I build a box that will feed through the 12”X6” opening to the cabin with subs facing rear that will hit hard with top down. Don’t have to do 8” would love larger subs but I cannot put a box in through the cabin because the cars rollover protection is built into this space. I may be able to get a little more clearance to the trunk by removing the trim around the trunk opening, but I haven’t removed the trim as of yet. I’m going with either pioneer pro 8” and 6.5” midrange for the interior, or possibly skar. I installed a 120 amp alternator not long ago. Ideally I will install Atleast a optima gel in the trunk wired to front battery via 0 Guage wiring. Building a box into the trunk I ant an option due to access from the cabin area. Any help with this build would be greatly appreciated. Weird car for a guy to drive but it’s different, and I like different. Thank you in advance for your insight and expertise on the build!!! 💪🏼

Archived