Sonic Electronix

What’s up guys. I am fairly new to audio but have been doing tons of reading and research. I have a Silverado I have tore completely apart and built from the ground up. I have it mechanically where I want it and now I’m starting on the inside. I need some help on planning my sound system. I don’t want anything crazy, I just want a very warm make the hair stand up on your arm it sounds so good type system. 

The truck is a 2000 ext cab 2500. It has some cheap passive 6.5s and tweeters in the front doors and the same type 4x6’s in the rear doors all ran off the Ken wood head unit I just installed. 

For my sub stage I want tight bass without giving up a lot of room. I think two DC lvl3 4dvc 10’s  in a sealed under seat box will fit my needs. I have picked the B2 rage 2500.1v2 to power them with around 1000w each at 2ohms. 

The front stage I’d like to put two B2 Reference 6.5’s in each door and B2’s reference 3.5 midrange along with 1.5 dome tweeters in each A-pillar. I have not chosen an amp for the front yet as I have not completely settled on exactly what woofers I want. Will the four 6.5’s be enough for the 100-300hz range? Or should I swap a pair of 6.5’s for a pair of 8’s? Or keep the four 6.5’s and add a pair of 8’s in the kick panels?

I don’t think I’ll even put speakers in the rear doors. If anything, I’ll make some adapters in place of the 4x6’s for some 3.5’s or something ran off the head unit. 

I’m a mechanic by trade and I’m obviously mechanically inclined along with electrical and fabrication. I learned how to fiberglass with my last project building a roof for my sidexside. Being said that, fabricating some A-pillar and door speaker pods will not be a problem. 

62712E06-CB50-404C-829F-8ED2D48369FA.jpeg

Archived