Sonic Electronix

hi. i'm new to the car audio domain. i sent the same email to multiple car audio shops in my area and i'd like to get some feedback on it. what do you guys think? is this okay? can they do better? what is your recommandations? thanks a lot.  PRICES ARE IN CANADIAN$

best offer was  Rockford Fosgate R2-500X1 Prime 500-Watt Full Range Class D Mono Amplifier  390$

Punch 12" P2 4-Ohm DVC SubwooferP2D4-12  220$  grill 35$ cables 60$   box 120$  job 190$ for a total of 1170$

other guy offered a Kenwood eXcelon P-XW1000B 10in 1000W Subwoofer   with no other details for 1470$.

the message i sent was:  Hi i would like to upgrade my 2007 Prius soundsystem. It's the jbl version without the navigation system. i'm a bass/electronic music lover that drives a lot. 
Clarity and quality is the most important for me with the least noise/rattling coming from the car but i also need strong and lower sub bass. 
The music i listen to has a lot of bass near the 30-40hz range. I dont know if i can add a subwoofer to the system . My budget is around 1000$.  thank you very much.

Archived