Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

Recommended Posts

Posted

Just recently purchased a Surge Audio 7k, have been running a t2500.1bd off of a single 400A mechman with a factory agm battery in my 2017 silverado pushing an old model Fi maybe its a BTL? (Have a single 100amp breaker since the subs is only rated for 1500wrms from what I could find on it.) I do have 2 300 amp breakers for the new amp.  This new 7k is in theory going to see a 4 or 2 ohm load for a single deaf bonce 3512r (which is also on the way, going into a 2.9 cube 32hz tuned vented box) just installed a new xs power 4700 as a 2nd battery on Wednesday 11/2/22. Never have I had a system more than 2-3K watts, what's the best way to get the power needed/required for that 7k amp? I am sure a minimum of 2 1/0 cable runs, but would I run them straight to the 2nd battery? Also do you need to add equal grounds to the chassis from said 2nd battery to "equalize" to power runs? Pm or even a phone call would help tremendously sorry for this long versed post. Can post pics of what's installed now. 

 

Photo Album:

 

https://imgur.com/a/Mqr66fb

 

Also waiting for a loop back harness and DSP for highs and mids to come soon.  

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 871 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...