Blowngt95 Posted March 6, 2023 Report Posted March 6, 2023 I am in need of some help or a definitive answer on whether or not I can wire a vintage (1982) Audiovox Head unit Model FO-DLXB to a modern amplifier. My concern is in regards to the radio not having the standard audio ground wires. There is only speaker + for audio outputs. The car does have a factory amp that the speakers ground through. What is the solution to running this factory HU to new aftermarket amp/speakers as far as the audio ground signal is concerned? In my time searching for answers I found an old Audiovox AXT-500 amp manual on page 8 showing a NOTE: to only use speaker + when using hi level inputs.... does such a thing still exist today? Read online User's Manual for Audiovox Rampage AXT-550 Stereo Amplifier (manualbooms.com) Thank you Dillon
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.