Hi -
I'm not new to car audio and have installed my own system in my old 2008 Impala. I had an aftermarket head unit with three rca outputs. I have a crescendo bass clef bc2000d for my two kicker cvx 4ohm, and a pioneer gm-a4704 to power my mid's and highs which are two 2.75",  2 6/9, and two 6.5", all Kicker. 
I have seen people splice into the wires and run to their LOC. I have never used an LOC. I am going to buy an audio control lc7i, and was planning on buying a wiring harness. Would I have to run the wires from the harness to the back of the truck into the LOC? Could I tap into the wires going to the speakers instead? Would a harness even be worth it? I'm confused on the wiring.
Another issue is the box. I've having a hard time finding a ported box to fit the subs. The have a 5.75" mounting depth. I know I need to buy a seat lift. I found a few people that make them online but they aren't very responsive. One is Subthump.com and Soundoff audio. He want's $400 which is crazy. If anyone can help me out with these issues I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

• 1 month later...

When installing an aftermarket head unit and subwoofers in your car, there are essential considerations to remember:

Wiring: An Audio Control LC7i is an ideal choice for linking your aftermarket head unit to your factory wiring. It is less intrusive and more efficient than splicing into wires. However, tapping into wires going to the speakers may cause issues with your factory wiring.

Subwoofer Box: The subwoofer box must fit your sub's mounting depth, and it's best to choose a box designed for your subs to guarantee optimal sound quality. If you can't find a matching box, you may need to have one custom made.