Can my Kicker amp be wired down to .5 ohm for music purposes?

Hows it going? I'm looking for an answer...im installing this system in a 2007 Ford escape. I have 2, Kicker 2ohm 15 inch L7 Q series subwoofers rated at 1200 watts rms apiece. I have 1 Kicker 46cxa1800.1 amp stable down to 1 ohm. My box is 4.8 cu ft, ported, tuned at 38hrz. For electrical I have a 240 amp alternator and 2 xs power d5100 batteries. (1 for starting, 1 in the back for accessories). 2/0 wired to distribution block. Now my question. Yes I know I should just buy another amp and run them both at 1 ohm but, i already have this equipment sitting im my shop so entertain me please.... would I be ok with wiring the subs down to .5 ohm and assume that impedence rise would keep my load above 1 ohm at the amp listening to music? Or should I just wire them at 2 ohm and deal with running the subs underpowered until I get around to purchasing another amp and running more wire? I'm looking for suggestions and comments...like I said, I know what I should do but could I save the 500 bucks and get away with this madness at half ohm? Anyone tried any kicker amps out at .5 ohm load with any success? Thanks in advance!

Archived