WHATS UP EVERYONE NEW MEMBER HERE. IM JOING THE FORUM TO DOCUMENT MY BUILD AND FOR ANY HELP AND/OR TIPS ANYONE CAN GIVE ME AS THIS IS MY FIRST "OFFICIAL" BUILD.  REALLY AIMING FOR SQ I THINK ON THIS NOT REALLY SURE SINCE EL CAMINOS ARE SO COMPACT ON THE INSIDE ANY SUB WILL SOUND GREAT AND LOUD AS HELL LOL. BEFORE REDOING THE SYSTEM I HAD 2 3.5 speakers in the dash, 2 tweeters on the A pillars and a 12in p2 behind the seat.   NOW IM LOOKING TO DO IT RIGHT SO BELOW IS EVERYTHING IM PLANNING ON RUNNING. SO FAR THE ONLY THING I HAVEN'T DECIDED ON IS THE NEW AMP FOR MY SUBS AND THE MIDS THAT I'LL BE RUNNING IN MY DASH ANY SUGGESTIONS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED. 

A Pillar: 2 - tweeters from morel maximo comp set (ran active)

DASH: 2 - 3.5in Speakers Mid (Ran Active)

DOOR PANELS(ea.): 2 Morel Maximo 6 comp Ran active (only will use one set of tweeters which will be Ran to the A Pillars)

Subwoofers: 2 Alpine S-W10d4 

DSP: Dayton Audio DSP

AMPS: 

Dash and Tweeters: 4/2 channel Undecided

Door Panels: Pioneer Gm-Dx874 1200w 4ch

I WILL RUN ALL THE DOOR SPEAKERS AS 4ohm unless it's convenient to wire them parallel and run them as 2ohm saving me two channels to use for the dash and only needing a compact 2ch for my tweeters

SUBWOOFER: Rockford Fosgate 5001xd

AS OF RIGHT NOW ILL RUN THEM IN PARALLEL SO THAT ITS 2ohm AND GETTING 600 RMS BUT THATS REALLY UNDERPOWERING IT IMO. LOOKING FOR A A MONO BLOCK THATS ABOUT A 1000watt rms

Also here's a link to the box i made online im thinking of building as is fits right into the Elcos smuggler box. Is it a good design? thinking of making a new one but the design won't have the sub facing the back of the seat they'll be facing into the smuggler box and im unsure how that will sound and play into effect  because i'm planing on having one of these boxes on each side of the smuggler box in the corner (for sq).

https://subbox.pro/en/b/4tisUQAUi

Edited by TheCreolenegro
misspelled words
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

• 2 weeks later...

32D7CE46-0587-4357-8B81-29A7B1BF3D47.thumb.jpeg.43a0561596d938a3d0868b57d4a09cf7.jpegHELLO EVERYONE HERES AN UPDATE.  IM DESIGNING MY SUB BOXES ON WINISD AS IM PLANNING IM PLANING TO BUILD THEM THIS WEEKEND UNDECIDED ON A SEALED OR PORTED BOX. ALSO THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BUILDING A SUB BOX IN ANY CAPACITY. BELOW I TOOK A PIC OF THE GRAPH FROM WINISD PINK IS THE SEALED AND YELLOW IS THE PORTED. MY QUESTION THOUGH WAS IF THE READOUTS LOOK OKAY? THE BOXES FOR BOTH ARE THE SAME SIZE 1.3ft3 i can go bigger which would be 2ft3 

ALSO FORGOT TO MENTION THAT I WILL BE USING MY DSP TO RUN THE SUBS ONLY FROM 80hz<32D7CE46-0587-4357-8B81-29A7B1BF3D47.thumb.jpeg.43a0561596d938a3d0868b57d4a09cf7.jpeg

D91472F5-EC9A-4DE2-9466-B429EB1BB125.jpeg

Edited by TheCreolenegro