Mosconi Aerospace DSP with Optical signal tuning help

Hi all,

I hope this is is in the right category. This is my first time using a DSP or an optical signal in a car audio application. I will start with the equipment, then ask the questions. I do have an ANC bypass installed also. 

• 2019 Ram 1500 with factory 12" UConnect Radio
  • PAC AP4-CH41 with APA-TOS1 For factory radio integration (I am using an optical cable from this to the DSP)
  • Mosconi 8 to 12 Aerospace DSP
  • Mosconi 5/30 Amp
  • Morel Elate 502 Front stage (Mid bass in door, tweeter in factory 3.5 location on the dash)
  • Morel Tempo Ultra Integra 692 (Rear doors)
  • (2x) Sundown E V.4 10" in Fox Acoustics dual 10" ported box

Question 1: How do I check the input signal to confirm that there isn't a factory EQ set in the radio? Do I just use a flat EQ/default settings in the DSP to see what the RTA shows? Also, without using RCA's what is the best way to check H/U clipping using the DD1? I checked it with the default DSP settings through the amp. 

Question 2: For anyone familiar with the Mosconi software it allows you to enter a number from 1-200 on the input side to set your input gain. I went with 100 which, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe is 0 db and 200 is +6 db. Someone mentioned to me that optical signals don't clip? Not sure how true that is but should my input gain be set higher? On the output side I couldn't get past +2.5 db before clipping on the front and rear channels where I was able to get to +6 db before clipping on the sub channel using a DD1. To me, this seems like the front/rear channels are clipping very early. Is there something I can do to fix this? With the settings the way they are, I don't feel like I get much volume-wise.

If more info is needed please let me know, I am eager to learn this side of car audio. I have tried watching the Gladen Mosconi videos that Frank Miketta has on YouTube but I have such a hard time following along while having to read captions.