tgrman1971 Posted February 28, 2024 Report Posted February 28, 2024 Just purchased a new 2024 Tundra SR5 (non-JBL) Crew Max and need help with the wiring harness. I have gone through most sites that build and get the same response to my search that they have not researched my vehicle and to please check back. I am looking to replace all of the speakers and add a quad subwoofer box under the back seat. Mount the amps behind the back seat or spread out under the front and behind back seats accordingly. Using the Morel Tempo Ultra 2 in the front and rear doors and trying to figure out the power amp and subwoofers to use. I think there is at least 2 cuft of space available for subwoofers, so will go with a sealed solution using 10" subs. Any suggestions on amps, subs, and what wire harness to use is much appreciated. Thanks!
eimhear Posted November 4, 2024 Report Posted November 4, 2024 Since you’re going for high-quality speakers with the Morel Tempo Ultra 2, you’ll want an amp that delivers clean power and doesn’t introduce noise or distortion. Here’s a potential amp setup: For the Morel Tempo Ultra 2 Speakers: A 4-channel amp with around 75-125 watts RMS per channel would be a good match. Options: JL Audio XD400/4v2, AudioControl LC-4.800, or Alpine X-A70F. These amps are compact and can be mounted behind the back seat or under the front seats. For quality bearings, you can visit https://en.tradebearings.com/list_22.html For the Subwoofers: Depending on your final subwoofer choice, you’ll need a mono amp with at least 600-1000 watts RMS. Options: JL Audio RD1000/1, Kicker CXA1200.1, or Rockford Fosgate R2-1200X1. These amps are powerful and efficient, so they won’t overdraw your electrical system.
TundraTex Posted November 12, 2024 Report Posted November 12, 2024 On 2/28/2024 at 8:23 AM, tgrman1971 said: Just purchased a new 2024 Tundra SR5 (non-JBL) Crew Max and need help with the wiring harness. I have gone through most sites that build and get the same response to my search that they have not researched my vehicle and to please check back. I am looking to replace all of the speakers and add a quad subwoofer box under the back seat. Mount the amps behind the back seat or spread out under the front and behind back seats accordingly. Using the Morel Tempo Ultra 2 in the front and rear doors and trying to figure out the power amp and subwoofers to use. I think there is at least 2 cuft of space available for subwoofers, so will go with a sealed solution using 10" subs. Any suggestions on amps, subs, and what wire harness to use is much appreciated. Thanks! In case you haven't found them yet (I have a gut feeling you have), there are a few companies producing a harness for the 3rd gen Tundra. AutoHarnessHouse, PAC, and the one we all hate TT. I am currently in the process of replacing my entire system with an SQ-L/SP-L build. I am using Memphis Mojo Pros for my components and dual Mojo Pro 10's for the subs. The components are powered by two Soundstream T4.1500L amps pushing 125W to each position and the subs by a Soundstream BXT1.7500D pushing 1500W to the pair. All of this is controlled by a Goldhorn DSP10. Right now I am sound deadening the entire cab and then I will run my lines. Lastly I will install all of the equipment and tune it. It's a work-in-progress so I probably won't be completely through until after the new year. Looking forward to being done!
TundraTex Posted November 12, 2024 Report Posted November 12, 2024 Just now, TundraTex said: In case you haven't found them yet (I have a gut feeling you have), there are a few companies producing a harness for the 3rd gen Tundra. AutoHarnessHouse, PAC, and the one we all hate TT. I am currently in the process of replacing my entire system with an SQ-L/SP-L build. I am using Memphis Mojo Pros for my components and dual Mojo Pro 10's for the subs. The components are powered by two Soundstream T4.1500L amps pushing 125W to each position and the subs by a Soundstream BXT1.7500D pushing 1500W to the pair. All of this is controlled by a Goldhorn DSP10. Right now I am sound deadening the entire cab and then I will run my lines. Lastly I will install all of the equipment and tune it. It's a work-in-progress so I probably won't be completely through until after the new year. Looking forward to being done! I should've mentioned, all of this is being done in my 2024 Tundra TRD OR.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.