Jump to content
Sonic Electronix

I need advice on Amp for mids...


Recommended Posts

Posted

 

Good afternoon everyone!

 

I’m new here and had a quick question. I just got some PRV 8" MR600X mids installed (4 of them), along with a couple of horns. Right now, I’m running everything off an Orion 2500.4 (4-channel amp).

 

My installer told me I need to get a DSP and also suggested picking up a Taramps 3K 1-channel amp to run the mids, then use the Orion amp for the horns (I plan on adding two more horns soon).

 

But here’s where I got confused, I thought when you're running mids and highs, you're supposed to use 4-channel amps? I love car audio, but I’ll admit I don’t know much about the technical side of things.

 

Does what he said sound accurate? Should I be looking for a 3K 1-channel amp for the mids, or would it be better to stick with a 4-channel? Also open to any amp or setup suggestions for these 4 MR600Xs.

 

Appreciate any feedback or advice you all can offer!

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1100 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...