System Build Starting In 2 Weeks, Need Component Suggestions

raytard

I'm really dissatisfied with the mounting options in my car (95 avalon), basically the door is a skin/mechanics/skin setup with everything built on the cabin side. This means the car is friggin huge, so i can sit three wide in the front and not be touching, but theres a crap plastic pod with a cutout too big for 4's and too small for 5.25's. I figured its time to go all out and rack up the ill charges on the new credit card. Basically the budget is round about 2 grand max. I already have zero guage, a kinetic cell in the back, a pioneer p690, box and subs and amp built wired and mounted. Everything else is getting scrapped. Fiberglass pods are going in the doors, 2 woofers and 2 tweeters in each front, one woofer and tweeter in the back doors (tweeter may be on b-pillar, gotta see how it works out), and possibly another set (possibly 6x9 components) in a fiberglass rear deck utilizing the stock 8" cutout as a bit of a blowthrough, or just to mess up the hair of whoever is in the center.

with that out of the way, heres what im looking for:

-able to stand up to a jbl gto1004d amp, or two, however many i need in the end. matches my current gto14001d sub amp and will look pretty in the trunk, plus it sounds pretty damn good.

-this means 100rms at 4ohm or 150rms at 2ohm

-ballpark 150-250 a set, i dont mean retail, i mean more like dealer cost

-1in+ tweeter, Ive lived with these rockford aluminum half inch POS's for long enough to know i want a large,

-soft dome tweeter

As far as my choices, basically anything, but it might as well be brand new for '08 or atleast current,a s its going to be in there till Im done with college.

-I fell in love with the pioneer D series for 08, they sound great, have good mids/midbass, and a large soft dome tweeter with some sick off axis response

-Obviously a fan of JBL, and the new power series looks great, runs at 2 ohms and rms's near the amp im using, sort of like its meant to be, also a large soft dome tweet, havnt heard them yet, too new to even be in stock in most places

-Alpine R's havn't impressed me so far

-x's cost too much

-kicker ss/rs are really harsh in my opinion, get loud, but Im kind of steering away

-Infinity perfects, havnt heard them, but meet my requirements, anyone have them?

at this point Im waiting for my pay to dump from the job i quit to get an iraggi alt off of ebay, so thats going to be here hopefully next 2 weeks, yellowtop is going under the hood with it, and im working on fixing everything in this beat up car, like door lock actuators and window motors. So please, any help would be appreciated as far as finding a set of components, They need to keep up with 1500 watts or so of bass (in all likelyhood i may be running 1200 watts to highs, but thats a different story)

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

Archived