Need Tips For Alternator And Big 3 Upgrades

Like the title says, im going to be doing the big 3 and a new HO Iraggi alt in my 2000 accord coupe.

Hopefully all goes well. I have some 1/0 from copper cable man with some all gold true 1/0 5/16 terminals. I just got a bottle of propane to attach to the torch end so i have the soldering covered.

Does anyone have any tips for me to use when i attempt this?

Pretty much anything that will help this process go nice and smooth is all I can ask for.

Im pretty sure i understand how to solder the terminals. Strip the end about 1/2", insert into terminal end, crimp in a table vice, head up ring part of the ring terminal/lower part near the wire, press electrical solder into it so that it drips down into the wire forming a nice bond to the terminal and wire, cover with plastic covering, repeat.

And im gonna be doing two runs of 1/0 to the spare tire area for when i get some batteries back there. Do i need to do anything special besides connect them both to the positive terminal on the battery and run them both back there, then tape them off so the wire doesnt short anything out.

Make sure you fuse both ends of your runs. Also don't be in a hurry. Just make sure you have all basis covered. Also when you upgrade the stock ground wire from the battery to the vehicle make sure you leave the stock wire on and just add a 0/1 gauge wire to ground also.

Member since 25 Jun 2006

2011 Yukon DenaliCustomLightz 4300K HID RetrofitEsky TailsEsky Third BrakeEsky 22sEsky Appliques

Archived