Golf > Car Audio

golf is just not my thing. i went with my ex a few months ago we played the back 9. it was aight, just not my thing. i would much rather spend 6 hours building a box or doing some custom glass work. and i agree with some bass action on the way to work. im not a morning person but that helps a little :lol: and speaking of the Other green...well all i can say is randoms ftmfl

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

bah, here in NewOT we use specifics to further describe the whole "not my thing".....thing...........or something.

funk-o-meter.gifteamBNSpl.jpgfunk-o-meter.gif

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

team audio thugz uuUhhHhhHhh. straight ghanxstuh since 2007.

awws :( wanted to post this link as a reminder of what happens when 'dbdraggers' hit the green.

http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/...ic;f=7;t=000460

RIP skanky wimmins wearing little to nothing thread. :(

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((in stereo)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

and shipping your car to Europe finals for a weekend would be cheaper..?

a decent deck will cost more than a decent set of clubs.

local 1x event = $45 for bassrace and dbdrag.

round of golf locally = $30.............with a cart.

both of them keeping you occupied for a day.

so much for picking those nits.

What kind of shit ass clubs are you buying? Even the cheapest set of name brand IRONS will cost you $400. And that's just for the irons; no driver or fairway woods or anything.

Going off normal prices I have ~$1500 in my set of clubs. Obviously I didn't pay that much since I work in a golf store, but any other joe schmo out there who wanted a similar set would be paying $1500. And that doesn't include my bag, gloves, tees, golf balls (which can cost upwards of $45 a dozen), or anything else.

Now if you're going for the cheap crap, then yeah you can get a whole set of everything for $300. I guess it just depends on how serious you take the sport. :)

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

don't be a yuppie that buys callaway? :o

srsly, lets be realistic here, look at golf the same way you do car audio -- you don't need the biggest, baddest whatever to do the job. You can get what some would call a shitty sub (the type r) to do some nice things, right? using the same car audio analogy -- i'm not talking about brand name everything and dumping $2000 on a denon deck with $10,000 worth of Kimber Kable rca's that don't even include ends. I'm talking the "denford", RF's immitation denon deck that does the exact same thing for 1/4th of the price.

a decent deck will run you in the $500 range......used. You're seriously saying $500 can't get you a "decent" set of used clubs on craigslist?

$1 says if you were looking to dump your $1500 (retail) set of clubs on craigslist....you'd be happy taking $500 for it. :)

Edited by deafyT

don't be a yuppie that buys callaway? :o

srsly, lets be realistic here, look at golf the same way you do car audio -- you don't need the biggest, baddest whatever to do the job. You can get what some would call a shitty sub (the type r) to do some nice things, right? using the same car audio analogy -- i'm not talking about brand name everything and dumping $2000 on a denon deck with $10,000 worth of Kimber Kable rca's that don't even include ends. I'm talking the "denford", RF's immitation denon deck that does the exact same thing for 1/4th of the price.

a decent deck will run you in the $500 range......used. You're seriously saying $500 can't get you a "decent" set of used clubs on craigslist?

$1 says if you were looking to dump your $1500 (retail) set of clubs on craigslist....you'd be happy taking $500 for it. :)

Like I said before, it depends on how serious you take the sport.

If you're serious about golf, you need serious equipment. Just like in car audio. :)

But you are correct, you could get a halfway decent set of clubs (used) for $500. It won't be the newest or nicest stuff out there, but it'll be better than the crap that most people use. :)

And there's no way in hell I would sell all my clubs for $500. A USED set of the irons I have still go for $300+. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/TAYLOR-MADE-R7-IRONS-3...1QQcmdZViewItem

Regardless, golf is just as expensive as audio for some of us. :D

Edited by tommyk90

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw